Monday, December 7, 2009

Mellow Yellow Monday


Feeling fancy today I guess.  This is, I assume, a weed, if not, it's a wild flower.  It lives on the Venetian Waterway Park.

In an unrelated matter, this morning at 4:30 (the dogs let me sleep in) I was putting on my shoes (Skechers Shape-Ups - THE best shoe, you should try them) to go walk the dogs.  I noticed that I had on leopard print socks, plaid pants of a totally different color family, black shirt, neon orange and yellow safety vest and I started singing to myself, out of the blue, out of memories that are soooooo old:  He wore tan shoes and pink shoe laces, polka dot tie and my oh my - he wore tan shoes and pink shoe laces, a big panama - and then I forgot the last words.  I tried on the whole walk to remember and was going to ask all of you if any of you were old enough to remember.  I hear Connie Francis or Connie Stevens in my mind.  Then suddenly it came to me - a big Panama and a purple hat band.  I think.  Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong - everyone does.  And as I'm re-reading this the yellow polka dot bikini song popped into my head - hooray for yellow! That was in the day when bikinis were so big you could get away with wearing them to work these days.

Please click on the Mellow Yellow button to the right if you'd care to join.  Peace.  B : )

3 comments:

Ricepatty said...

Mellow Yellow it UP! Funny you have me laughing my head off! I wonder if Dr. Kenney would mind if I wore my bikini to work - heck I think EVERYONE would mind!!!! hahaha

Hootin Anni said...

Nope, nope....can't correct you, 'cause that is WHAT the last words are. It's a classic. And I love it. I would have LOVED to go walking with you...you see, I have on deep purple sweats, polka dotted socks [from me winning Pea's giveaway] a bright pink sweatshirt...wrong side out with the fleecey side showing...and....AND!!! A fuzzy santa cap with a huge fuzzy pom pom.

Wouldn't we've been a pair!!!


PS...where did you find your leopard socks?

Tussy said...

What a funny story you put here? make me giggle a bit.

Happy Mellow Yellow Monday!

All Little Things I Like

Related Posts with Thumbnails