Saturday, February 6, 2010

Color Carnival - please do not use

This picture is so perfect for Color Carnival; however, it did present a problem.  This was taken at a local arts/crafts festival.  The gentleman in the tent asked what I was going to do with it.  I explained it to him.  He said we don't normally allow pictures.  I said I respect that when I see a sign - I don't see a sign.  He said "well, she forgot to put it up".  I said, oh well.  So here is the picture and please don't use it or copy it or whatever it is that upset that man : )  I would certainly be happy for people to enjoy my arts/crafts enough to take pictures of them and, after all, imitation is the purest form of admiration or however that goes.  But I guess he didn't feel the same way.  So after all that to-do, here it is:

To see more hopefully not forbidden color, please click on the Color Carnival button to your right.

P.S.  I didn't blog yesterday - missed two memes - does that make me a bad person?  Hahahahah!   Peace.  B : )

7 comments:

SparkleFarkel said...

Pretty, patterned colors, but I'd watch my back, if I were you.

LOL!

Martha said...

Perfect for the Color Carnival B - I agree with Sparkfark, watch your back - Those craft fair people are a crazy bunch, LOL!

Martha said...

They are beautiful quilts. I can see some really unique things that folks might not want out there for other to copy, but something like this.... like you said, I would think they would be flattered! I got yelled out by a purse guy at a flea market... I'm guessing that was more because he was selling name brand knock offs - but the colors were so pretty! I've got to get the machine out and sew the pieces that Tara and I cut out almost two years ago for a quilt.

Kranky Granny said...

First, this is a beautiful capture for the theme. I love the colors.

Second, the man can get as fussy as he wants but he does not have a legal leg to stand on. He owns the merchandise but he does not own the image unless it is displayed in image form at the craft fair.

But, situations like this is the reason I love my long lens. I just stand back and get my shots and everyone just has to guest who or what I am aiming at.

Nina said...

I totally agree with you, I like when people ask if they may "borrow" my pictures!
Nice colors!

Jama said...

Beautiful colors! I usually would ask for permission first but sometimes do what Rita did, zoom in from a distance!

Ricepatty said...

Bad "B" - Bad "B" now worries we won't copy we promise ;)

Related Posts with Thumbnails