Monday, October 26, 2009

It's Ruby Tuesday Time (please sing to the tune of Howdy Doody's theme song)

What do you mean you don't know Howdy Doody's theme song?  You must be waaaaay too young.  Oh wait, I think HD may have been a regional thing - and I'm from New Jersey.This was a hard choice, since I love red, almost as much as yellow and orange, but I decided to give my scraggly, sad looking, very long stemmed rose a chance to be in the spotlight.  Roses don't do all that well at my house, but I usually have a few to look at. This was the only one available today:



Please join the Ruby Tuesday gang at http://workofthepoet.blogspot.com/2009/10/ruby-tuesday_26.html .  Come on, it's more fun that watching Howdy Doody.  Smile.  Peace.  B : )

9 comments:

Diane AZ said...

Beautiful red rose! I remember the Howdy Doody show I agree Ruby Tuesday is much more fun. :D

Ralph said...

I was born in 1955 so I don't really remember HD in real time. But who isn't familiar with the tune? So, I sing along as I visit RT. The rose is gorgeous, the style nice as always. The shape is enhanced by the bold ruby makes the singular flower really come alive. Happy RT!

Martha said...

Ditto what Diane AZ said, LOL! :-)

Chubskulit Rose said...

Can I have that one?

Come and see what I’ve got for Ruby Tuesday

pinkyshelo said...

That is truly pretty..=)

Ricepatty said...

I'm singing along :) everything grows beautifully at you house - this perfect red rose and all.

Hootin Anni said...

I don't think it's scraggly...it's gorgeous!!!

My Ruby Tuesday is big huge LIPS this morning...come by if you can?

Click HERE

storyteller said...

There's nothing quite so lovely as a rose in bloom is there? Thanks for visiting mine at Small Reflections and have a delightful day!
Hugs and blessings,

Raven said...

Howdy Doody! That takes me back. Princess Summer Fall Winter Spring and Clarabelle too. I don't think your rose is sad and scraggly. I think it's beautiful.

Related Posts with Thumbnails