Sunday, September 5, 2010

Shadow Shot Sunday and Weekend Reflections

Here I am, back from my unintentional vacation from blogland - got sick last Saturday night and am still getting better!

This shadow shot may just have been better if you were there.  I tried it in black and white and that still didn't show what I know I was seeing.  The sun was shining through the back of the bloom so there were shadows in the throat and there are some on the leaves and the rest of the bloom.
This Weekend Reflection shot may be even more obscure - do you see the camera in the upper left corner?  I was driving with my right hand, and taking the shot with my left, without looking at what I was shooting.  I figured there was this giant sky just loaded with stuff to look at - I had to hit something good!
To try out these memes yourself, just click on the buttons to the right.  Happy weekend.  Peace.  B : )

6 comments:

Gail said...

The flower is amazing!!!

Ricepatty said...

Another wonderful sky shot - and the flower oh my! Great job happy your r feeling better :)

Spadoman said...

That first shot of the bloom is a great shot without the shadows. Sometimes I know instictively that the camera will not do what I am seeing any justice at all.
I like the sky pics. Yep, snap away and see what you get. Cultural phenomena that the lens sees can sometimes be extraordinary.

Very good stuff.

Peace.

wanderlust said...

I know what you mean, sometimes it's so frustrating to try to get the camera to see exactly what you're seeing. Great shots though, get well soon!

Chubskulit Rose said...

Gorgeous bloom!

My sahdow shots, have a safe labor day!

Martha said...

So sorry to hear you were sick! Hope you are all better now!! I missed my weekend rounds but wanted to pop in to say hello and see how you are doing ((hugs))

Related Posts with Thumbnails