Friday, January 22, 2010

Fertilizer Friday - Some things survived the freeze

Some things survived our recent prolonged freeze here in SW Florida.  I noticed that most of them were the native plants - another reason to go native in your gardens.  These are wild olives and I'm sure they made it so they could continue to feed the birds.

Looking at this, it occurs to me that they look very large, but they're really quite tiny.  See the "flora soup" picture below and you'll see them in the real scale of things:

See them?  That's them right in the middle.  Cute huh?  If you'd like to share your fabulous flora, or see some from other folks, please click on the Fertilizer button to the right.  Have a wonderful day.  Peace.  B : )

3 comments:

deb said...

So glad some made it. So sad when you get unusual weather..the plants just don't know what hit them. Love your flora soup!
*hugs*deb

Unknown said...

How cute - it took me a few but I finally got there. Great pictures and now I know what flora soup is. LOL

Tootsie said...

It must have been nerve racking to have this happen to your garden when you are not used to it or prepared!!! I can't imagine!
I am glad that you didn't lose it all....and that you are so positive regardless of the losses!!!
thanks for linking in today...have a wonderful weekend...oh...and don't forget to stop by this week...starting right now to enter and learn about the great give away that is being held on my blog this week! I know you will love the prize!

Related Posts with Thumbnails