Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Ruby Tuesday - My Apologies

As I was reviewing the shots I took the last few days, I couldn't find anything really red....I had pink, purple, and orange, all of which I consider to be sort of shades of red. When I arrange my papers or my fabric, I always keep those shades close to the reds. Does that make me a bad person : ) Anyway, here is what I have to offer - "shades of red":



The butterfly plant

The Indian Pipe Vine

The thing I can never remember the name of - one of the amorphophallic or whatever plants - some years it come up like this, some years it comes up with stalks and leaves.  When it's like this, it stinks and attracts flies.  Lovely, huh?
A cactus flower.
A teeny tiny wild flower
The Passion Flower
If you were dying to see ruby, I'm sorry : ( 

To participate in Ruby Tuesday, or just to look at some great shots, click on the button to the right.  Have a happy day.  Peace.  B : )


4 comments:

GreensboroDailyPhoto said...

The waxy translucence of that cactus flower is amazing. Great flower photos. Together, they make a bouquet.

Jan
GDP

Magical Mystical Teacher said...

color splash
flowery collage
on display

Red Door to Wonder

Hootin Anni said...

That Indian Pipe vine is so unusual...it's eerie and beautiful at the same time!! I gotta go out to Google now and see if it will grow and thrive in my neck of the woods. I do like it.

Beautiful, gorgeous flowers you've shared.

Ron Cooper said...

Lovely collage from our eternal springtime!

Cheers,
Ron

http://inspiredbyron.blogspot.com/

Related Posts with Thumbnails